Item Id: GG22011
Kriegsmarine 5 Awards With Period Private Purchase Case
Super neat period, private purchase case with five awards. Fold open case, made of wood with brown leather imitation cover. A Kriegsmarine gilt metal breast eagle is firmly attached to the top lid. The interior of the case has a dark blue flocking covering to the bottom with a slotted recess to secure the award’s in place and the interior top lid has a white satin lining. The case cointains following medals:
- Iron Cross Second Class 1939, three piece construction with magnetic core. The cross is in good condition with a rather heavy age patina.
- Coastal Artillery War Badge, made of die struck zinc with 95% of the original silver and gold paint still intact.
- Minesweeper War Badge, made of die struck Zinc with 99% of the original silver and goild paint still intact.
- Wound Badge 1939 in Gold made of Zinc, maker marked “65” to the reverse. Ca 95% of the original gold wash still intact.
- DRL sports badge for war disable, unmarked die struck zinc with silver and gold paint wash intact to about 99%.
All badges is in very good condition and shows only minor signs of age / use.
This is a very interesting combination of awards. Rather scarce to find one soldier awarded both the minesweeper badge as well as the coastal artillery badge. Also the wound badge in gold in combination with War disabled DRL badge is a interesting combination. Our guess is this soldier was severely wounded serving on a mine sweeper but countinued his service in the Coastal Artillery.
Don’t miss out on this super nice grouping!!