Item Id: AB21039
German Horse Driver's Badge in Silver, Steinhauer & Lück
Introduced by the German National Federation for Breeding in May 1930. The badge was awarded in thee classes with different qualifications, one of which was that the lower grade badge must be awarded before being eligible for a higher grade. Less than 17,500 of these badges were awarded between 1931 and 1942.
Die struck alloy hollow backed badge with a silver wash. A hinged pin is to the top of its hollow-backed reverse, and a corresponding catch is to its base. “Gesetzlich Geschützt” (By-law Protected) is embossed to the reverse of one side of the wreath, and the manufacturer’s name and location, “Steinhauer & Lück, Lüdenscheid” is embossed to the other. Light wear may be seen to the highlights of the obverse and age darkening to its recesses.