Item Id: IMP23014
Wound Badge in Silver 1914-1918
The Wound Badge was established on March 3rd 1918 by Prussian King Wilhelm II to recognize the sacrifice of those wounded during WWI. The badge was instituted in three classes, black badge for one or two wounds, silver badge for three or four wounds and a gold badge for five or more wounds or loss of a limb or sight.
The badhe is constructed of die stamped alloy metal with a silver paint wash. Reverse complete with hinge, pin and catch. The badge shows signs of real use with paint loss and wear marks to all exposed parts.
Used example which will looks great displayed on a field tunic!!